- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 7 cups summer squash, chunked
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1 heaping tsp. curry
- 5 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter over medium heat and sweat onions until golden, 8-10 minutes. Stir in the curry and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add squash, reduce heat to low and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add stock, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer, uncovered, until squash is tender (approximately 15-20 minutes).
- Remove soup from heat and let cool slightly. Using either a standing blender or an immersion blender, puree soup to a smooth, thick consistency.
- I use chicken stock for flavor, but vegetable stock would work fine, too, if you're vegetarian. This soup freezes well.
NotesAny summer squash will do. This is a great way to use up leftover zucchini because Lord knows, when it's zucchini season you can't get rid of the things fast enough. This recipe's been with my family as long as I can remember, but I can barely remember breakfast, so...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Amsterdam Friends CookbookSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More