- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 carrots, peeled & sliced
- 1 leek, washed, trimmed & sliced
- 2 lbs butternut squash, fresh or frozen, diced
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 peppercorns, crushed
- 1/2 cup yellow squash, diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, seeded & diced
- 2 tbsp honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot heat butter until melted (be sure not to burn it). Saute carrots, leek & butternut squash until soft. Add chicken broth, bay leaf & peppercorns - bring to a boil - stirring constantly.
- Use immersion blender or pour soup into a blender & puree. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Blanch yellow squash & cucumber in hot water until tender (approx. 3 mins). Drain & set squash & cucumber into individual soup bowls.
- Add honey to soup, stir & pour soup over vegetables in bowls.
- Serve hot.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Coca-Cola Biscuits from Southern Biscuits Cookbook
Summer Stone Sangria
Beef & Broccoli over Hong Kong Pan Fried NoodlesSee More