- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 carrots, peeled & sliced
- 1 leek, washed, trimmed & sliced
- 2 lbs butternut squash, fresh or frozen, diced
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 peppercorns, crushed
- 1/2 cup yellow squash, diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, seeded & diced
- 2 tbsp honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot heat butter until melted (be sure not to burn it). Saute carrots, leek & butternut squash until soft. Add chicken broth, bay leaf & peppercorns - bring to a boil - stirring constantly.
- Use immersion blender or pour soup into a blender & puree. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Blanch yellow squash & cucumber in hot water until tender (approx. 3 mins). Drain & set squash & cucumber into individual soup bowls.
- Add honey to soup, stir & pour soup over vegetables in bowls.
- Serve hot.
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Honey Pumpkin Pie
Angel Acres Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies
Blueberry Soda BreadSee More