- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Quarter cup of olive oil
- 1/2 T. butter
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cup cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 2 potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 6 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1/2 cooked Butternut squash, scooped out of skin
- 1 can Chi Chi beans (chick peas)
- 4 oz. Canadian bacon***Pancetta or Prosciutto
- 1 bundle fresh thyme and rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes
- Heat oil on medium high heat in a 1.5 qt. Dutch oven
- Add onions and saute till softened.
- Add cauliflower, carrots, and potatoes and saute 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add drained Chick peas.
- Stir in chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the squash, simmer a little longer.
- In a small skillet heat the butter and add the chopped Canadian bacon. (you can use Pancetta also)
- Add the bacon to the soup, cover and simmer about 15 minutes or till vegetables are really tender.
- Use an immersion blender or regular blender to puree the soup. Do it in small batches in regular blender.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More