SQUASH AND TWO POTATO SOUP
- Cooking Time: 30-40 minutes
- Servings: 8-12
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced*
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian soup base
- 1.25 lbs. white potatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped*
- 1.25 lbs. butternut squash, peeled and chopped*
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- pepper to taste
- *I used prepared minced garlic and pre-peeled and chopped sweet potatoes and squash
Heat oil in a dutch oven.
Saute onion until translucent.
Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
Add water and soup base, stirring to combine.
Add white potatoes and bring to a boil.
Add sweet potatoes, squash, and seasonings.
Simmer until all vegetables are soft enough to puree.
Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
Puree soup in batches, or with an immersion blender.
Adjust seasoning, if necessary, and serve of freeze.
Makes about 3 quarts.