- Cooking Time: 30-40 minutes
- Servings: 8-12
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced*
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian soup base
- 1.25 lbs. white potatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped*
- 1.25 lbs. butternut squash, peeled and chopped*
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- pepper to taste
- *I used prepared minced garlic and pre-peeled and chopped sweet potatoes and squash
- Heat oil in a dutch oven.
- Saute onion until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add water and soup base, stirring to combine.
- Add white potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Add sweet potatoes, squash, and seasonings.
- Simmer until all vegetables are soft enough to puree.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Puree soup in batches, or with an immersion blender.
- Adjust seasoning, if necessary, and serve of freeze.
- Makes about 3 quarts.
NotesJust threw this together today, and I'm really happy with it! Vegetables can be added in different proportions; this is just what I was able to get easily at the store.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More