- Cooking Time: 30-40 minutes
- Servings: 8-12
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced*
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian soup base
- 1.25 lbs. white potatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped*
- 1.25 lbs. butternut squash, peeled and chopped*
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- pepper to taste
- *I used prepared minced garlic and pre-peeled and chopped sweet potatoes and squash
- Heat oil in a dutch oven.
- Saute onion until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add water and soup base, stirring to combine.
- Add white potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Add sweet potatoes, squash, and seasonings.
- Simmer until all vegetables are soft enough to puree.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Puree soup in batches, or with an immersion blender.
- Adjust seasoning, if necessary, and serve of freeze.
- Makes about 3 quarts.
NotesJust threw this together today, and I'm really happy with it! Vegetables can be added in different proportions; this is just what I was able to get easily at the store.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More