- Cooking Time: 30-40 minutes
- Servings: 8-12
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced*
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian soup base
- 1.25 lbs. white potatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped*
- 1.25 lbs. butternut squash, peeled and chopped*
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- pepper to taste
- *I used prepared minced garlic and pre-peeled and chopped sweet potatoes and squash
- Heat oil in a dutch oven.
- Saute onion until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add water and soup base, stirring to combine.
- Add white potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Add sweet potatoes, squash, and seasonings.
- Simmer until all vegetables are soft enough to puree.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Puree soup in batches, or with an immersion blender.
- Adjust seasoning, if necessary, and serve of freeze.
- Makes about 3 quarts.
NotesJust threw this together today, and I'm really happy with it! Vegetables can be added in different proportions; this is just what I was able to get easily at the store.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More