- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 handfuls cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful black olives
- 4 to 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- A drizzle herb vinegar
- 1 dried chile
- A handful fresh basil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 ciabatta or other rustic bread, cut into thick slices
- 1/2 clove garlic
- Parmesan, for shaving
- Simply squash your tomatoes into a bowl.
- Put one hand over the tomatoes as you do this (or wear a big apron!).
- You can be as rough with the tomatoes as you like, as the salad looks much better rough and rustic than perfect and pretty.
- Then, gently smash the olives on a board with a hard object, like a a rolling-pin.
- Remove the pits, throw the olives in with the tomatoes, and toss together.
- Add a few glugs of oil, the oregano, a drizzle of vinegar, crumbled chile, and rip in the basil.
- Season to taste and that's it!
- Toast the slices of bread and rub with the garlic clove, pile on the tomatoes, and rip the mozzarella and lay over the top drizzle with a little bit more oil and finish with shaves of Parmesan.
NotesJamie Oliver does it again!
This is probably the quickest bruschetta you can make, but no less tasty. There are all kinds of cherry tomatoes out there so mix it up!