SQUIDS LETHRIANA FROM SMYRNA
- 1 kg small squids
- 2 medium unions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 ripe tomatoes peeled cut in small cubes
- 1 c olive oil
- 1/2 c dry white whine
- 4 drips tabasco ( more if you like hot)
- 1 c green olives sliced
- 1 ts each, paprika,salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon sliced ( for garnish)
- 1 bunch of parsley ( for garnish)
Heat oil on low in a deep frying pan and saute union and garlic till soft ( ca 8 min ), add squids and whine , close lid and cook for 15 min on low heat.
Add tomatoes , bayleaves , salt, white pepper and paprika, cook for another 20 min.
Add olives, tabasco and cook for 12 min more.
Serve hot, garnish with lemon slices and parsley, with bread to dip in sauce.