- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups of grated carrots
- 2 cups of finely sliced green cabbage
- 2 hot green chillies, seeds removed and finely sliced
- 1/2 c. unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 c. rice or white vinegar
- 3 tbsp. of lemon juice.
- Salt to taste
- Mix everything in a bowl. Leave to blend flavours for 15-30 minutes. Serve!
NotesThis is a recipe that evolved over the last 22 years when I lived in Sri Lanka for three months for a youth exchange program. The coconut and green chilies are what make it Sri Lankan to me.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More