St. Patrick's Day Mint Jelly Thumbprints Cookies
Why I Love This Recipe
Thumbprint cookies remind me of finger-painting. Bring the kids in the kitchen for this one and let them stick their thumbs into the center of these cookies for a fun St. Patrick's Day food craft.
Recipe courtesy of Celebrations.com.
Ingredients You'll Need
* 3/4 Cup unsalted butter
* 1 Cup granulated sugar
* 2 large egg yolks
* 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 Teaspoon baking powder
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 Cup mint jelly
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a baking sheet with a non-stick cooking spray.
* Add butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Add egg yolks and vanilla extract and beat well. Sift together dry ingredients and beat into mixture until thoroughly combined.
* Form 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Press thumb gently in center of each cookie. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and cool thoroughly.
* Pour mint jelly into a small bowl and stir until smooth. Spoon 1 teaspoon jelly in center of each cookie.