- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24 cookies
- Preparation Time:
- * 3/4 Cup unsalted butter
- * 1 Cup granulated sugar
- * 2 large egg yolks
- * 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- * 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- * 2 cups all-purpose flour
- * 1/2 Cup mint jelly
- * Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a baking sheet with a non-stick cooking spray.
- * Add butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Add egg yolks and vanilla extract and beat well. Sift together dry ingredients and beat into mixture until thoroughly combined.
- * Form 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Press thumb gently in center of each cookie. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and cool thoroughly.
- * Pour mint jelly into a small bowl and stir until smooth. Spoon 1 teaspoon jelly in center of each cookie.
NotesThumbprint cookies remind me of finger-painting. Bring the kids in the kitchen for this one and let them stick their thumbs into the center of these cookies for a fun St. Patrick's Day food craft.
Recipe courtesy of Celebrations.com.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More