- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24 cookies
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThumbprint cookies remind me of finger-painting. Bring the kids in the kitchen for this one and let them stick their thumbs into the center of these cookies for a fun St. Patrick's Day food craft.
Recipe courtesy of Celebrations.com.
- * 3/4 Cup unsalted butter
- * 1 Cup granulated sugar
- * 2 large egg yolks
- * 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- * 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- * 2 cups all-purpose flour
- * 1/2 Cup mint jelly
- * Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a baking sheet with a non-stick cooking spray.
- * Add butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Add egg yolks and vanilla extract and beat well. Sift together dry ingredients and beat into mixture until thoroughly combined.
- * Form 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Press thumb gently in center of each cookie. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and cool thoroughly.
- * Pour mint jelly into a small bowl and stir until smooth. Spoon 1 teaspoon jelly in center of each cookie.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Chips Galore Cookies
Betty Crocker Spinach-Cheese BallsSee More