- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 6-oz. bag of chocolate chips
- SHORTBREAD: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar. Stir in the flour until well mixed. Press the batter into a
- 9-inch square pan (a good job for kids). Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Let cool.
- TOFFEE: Melt the 1/2 cup of butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the brown sugar, condensed milk and corn syrup, and bring the mixture to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring continually. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Pour over the cooled shortbread.
- TOPPING: Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or a microwave oven. Stir until smooth. Pour over the cooled toffee. Cut into 16 squares.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More