- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 6-oz. bag of chocolate chips
- SHORTBREAD: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar. Stir in the flour until well mixed. Press the batter into a
- 9-inch square pan (a good job for kids). Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Let cool.
- TOFFEE: Melt the 1/2 cup of butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the brown sugar, condensed milk and corn syrup, and bring the mixture to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring continually. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Pour over the cooled shortbread.
- TOPPING: Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or a microwave oven. Stir until smooth. Pour over the cooled toffee. Cut into 16 squares.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More