- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2 cups
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryTo make sure your whipped cream holds its shape, use stabilized whipped cream. This recipe comes from one of my clippings from years ago.
- 1 tsp. unflavored gelatin
- 4 tsp. cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Combine the gelatin and cold water in a small saucepan. Let stand until thickened. Place over low heat and stir constantly just until the gelatin dissolves.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool, but not set.
- Whip cream, sugar and vanilla until slightly thickened. Gradually add the cooled gelatin mixture.
- Whip using high speed until stiff. Do not over beat or you will be making butter. Store in refrigerator.