- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 TB cold water
- 2 tsp gelatin (Unflavored of course)
- 1 tsp meringue powder
- 3 cups chilled heavy whipping cream
- 1TB Rum, Bourbon or Cognac
- 1/8 cup powdered sugar (Normally I would not use this, but the rum covers up the raw cornstarch flavor)
- Bloom gelatin in water for 5 minutes.
- Place Whipping implements in freezer (Bowl, Beaters)
- Have Ice and water ready in another bowl as an Ice bath when adding the gelatin.
- Set gelatin in simmering water until melted and clear. Let cool.
- Start whipping the cream, add powdered sugar and Meringue powder and whip until JUST beyond soft peaks.
- Place bowl in the ice bath
- Mix in rum.
- Once incorporated add the bloomed gelatin, use hand whisk until desired consistency is reached.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Christmas Cherry Pie
Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Mughlai Chicken BiryaniSee More