- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon unflavoured gelatin
- 2 cups chilled heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sugar to taste
- Place large bowl and beaters in freezer to chill.
- Soak gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes, then dissolve by placing bowl over simmering water for 5 minutes. Place in fridge to chill for 5-10 minutes.
- In large chilled bowl beat cream with electric mixer on low until frothy. Slowly add sugar and vanilla while still beating, and whip until *barely* stiff.
- Add cooled gelatin all at once and whip on high speed until stiff peaks are formed. Cover and place in fridge until use
NotesUsing just whipped cream as a cake frosting doesn't give the best results so I use this one instead. You still can't use it like a buttercream but at least it won't drip off!
You can also use different flavourings depending on the rest of your recipe. Rum, almond, and mple are some of my other favourites. Orange is good for an orange cream flavour.
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy Life
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Horseradish Beef Roll-Ups
New England Pot RoastSee More