- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon unflavoured gelatin
- 2 cups chilled heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sugar to taste
- Place large bowl and beaters in freezer to chill.
- Soak gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes, then dissolve by placing bowl over simmering water for 5 minutes. Place in fridge to chill for 5-10 minutes.
- In large chilled bowl beat cream with electric mixer on low until frothy. Slowly add sugar and vanilla while still beating, and whip until *barely* stiff.
- Add cooled gelatin all at once and whip on high speed until stiff peaks are formed. Cover and place in fridge until use
NotesUsing just whipped cream as a cake frosting doesn't give the best results so I use this one instead. You still can't use it like a buttercream but at least it won't drip off!
You can also use different flavourings depending on the rest of your recipe. Rum, almond, and mple are some of my other favourites. Orange is good for an orange cream flavour.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Simple Homemade Favorites
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More