- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryOne year I took jelly jars and made labels and gave these as gifts.
I got this receipe for a lady friend who I worked with in Winston-Salem NC. It's really pretty when you do green and red for Christmas, you can also do black and orange for halloween. You all get the idea.
- 1 cup Karo syrup or corn syrup
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- food coloring
- 1 teaspoon oil flavoring of your choice,
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook syrup, sugar and water to hard crack stage 300' on candy stick.
- Remove from stove.
- Add food coloring, oil flavoring and salt.
- Pour onto foil paper, let dry.
- Coat both sides with powdered sugar, break into small or medium pieces with hammer or meat mallet.
- Put into air tight bags or contaiers.