STAMP YOU PASSPORT ~> PORTUGUESE HAMBURGERS
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- * 1 lb Ground Round
- * 4 Garlic Cloves thinly sliced
- * 4 TBS Olive Oil
- * 1 Cup Red Wine
- * 1 Cup Beef Broth
- * 1 small Chorizo finely chopped
- * 2 stems of fresh Parsley chopped
- * 1 Bay Leaf
- * 2 TBS Butter
- * 4 Eggs
- * Sea Salt and Fresh Pepper to Season
- Form the Ground Round into 4 Round Patties no thicker than 3/4 inch and make sure the middle is a little thinner than the outside of the burger.
- Brush the burgers with Olive Oil and season with Sea Salt and Fresh Pepper.
- Set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place on the grill on medium flame and cook for approximately 7 mins. for Medium Rare Burgers. Flip the Burger only once and do not press down with a spatula to make sure the juices stay in the burger.
- Add the remainder of the olive oil to a large frying pan. Add the garlic and chopped chorizo. Saute until they start popping but be careful not to burn (there is nothing worse than burnt garlic.) Add the red wine and the beef broth and bring to a boil. Once it boils, simmer on low and add the parsley and bay leaf. Once sauce is reduced in half, remove bay leaf and add the butter. When butter is blended into the sauce, add burgers to the sauce. Remove from heat and let sit.
- Cook the eggs sunny side up in a separate frying pan in a little bit of butter. Remove the eggs and place one on top of each Burger. Spoon Some of the Sauce with the Chorizo over the eggs.
- Make sure you have some crusty bread for that yummy sauce. You won’t be able to resist!
NotesSome of the best times we have are in the kitchen. Sometimes it's around the table sharing stories of our travels, sometimes it's at the stove cooking with friends. Our friend Isabel, the Family Foodie was born in Portugal and came to this country as a girl not even knowing the language. Not only did she master the language but has been able to combine her love of her homeland and passion for cooking in a new blog called Family Foodie. We spent an afternoon in the kitchen and the Portuguese Burger was born!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More