- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe comes from a friend of mine, Star! This is one tasty dish! I used the sweet onion diced tomatoes and Italian cheese for topping! I sprinkled it with garlic salt and cracked black pepper as it was cooking and I used some more garlic salt when serving! I think it would be great served over spaghetti noodles and I will try it that way next time! I served it as a side dish this time!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves or to taste, diced
- 2 medium zucchini-6 to 8 inches long, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes, your choice of flavor (Star used garlic and olive oil)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Shredded mozarella (optional)
- Heat olive oil until hot over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes, until fragrant and onion is softening. Add zucchini and stir occasionally, for about 5 to 8 minutes minutes until zucchini is crisp tender and has shrunk somewhat in skillet. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add tomatoes and tomato sauce and heat thru, for another 5 to 8 minutes. Test for salt and pepper. Top with cheese if desired.