- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 1/4 c flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP coriander seeds
- 6 points of star anise
- 1/2 c unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c uncooked farina
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2/3 c whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter and flour an 8 by 2 inch round cake pan.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In an electric coffee grinder, finely grind the star anise and coriander seeds.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture, ground spices, farina, eggs and milk.
- Beat on low until combined.
- Increase the speed to high and beat an additional 3 minutes.
- Pour batter into pan and bake until sides of cake pull slightly away from the pan, about 40-45 minutes.
- Cool cake in the pan on a wire rack for about a half an hour. Invert the cake, remove the pan, and then turn the cake right side up again. Cool completely.
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More