- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 1/4 c flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP coriander seeds
- 6 points of star anise
- 1/2 c unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c uncooked farina
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2/3 c whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter and flour an 8 by 2 inch round cake pan.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In an electric coffee grinder, finely grind the star anise and coriander seeds.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture, ground spices, farina, eggs and milk.
- Beat on low until combined.
- Increase the speed to high and beat an additional 3 minutes.
- Pour batter into pan and bake until sides of cake pull slightly away from the pan, about 40-45 minutes.
- Cool cake in the pan on a wire rack for about a half an hour. Invert the cake, remove the pan, and then turn the cake right side up again. Cool completely.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More