- Cooking Time: 55
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 10-inch cake or springform pan with butter or vegetable spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour and baking powder. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and egg white. Add the lemon juice, milk, sour cream and lemon peel and beat until blended and smooth.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Beat in flour mixture until just blended. Pour batter into prepared pan; smooth top.
- Bake cake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, about 55 minutes.
- Transfer pan to wire rack to cool slightly. Carefully turn cake out onto rack and cool completely. Brush with jam to keep berries in place. Arrange berries on top of cake
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Decadent Desserts Made From
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Black Raspberry Chip Ice Cream
Chicken with Asparagus and Pine Nuts
Bacon And Cabbage SoupSee More