- Cooking Time: 10 minutes/batch
- Servings: 30 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 to 8 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- Liquid or paste food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, flour and cream. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2 in. star cookie cutter. Sprinkle tops of cookies with sugar; place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Prick each cookie 3-4 times with a fork. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For filling, combine the butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough cream to achieve desired spreading consistency. Tint with food coloring if desired.
- Carefully spread filling on the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.
NotesI baked these treats for a church tea. The night before, I gave a sample to the folks setting up. They liked the cookies so much, they set aside a few to ensure they'd get some the next day!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce