- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dairy sour cream
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk*
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar
- Fresh blueberries and strawberries
- Sweetened whipped cream(optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- Beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl until fluffy; beat in sour cream. Stir baking soda into buttermilk; set aside. Stir together flour, cocoa and salt; add alternately with buttermilk mixture to butter mixture. Beat 2 minutes on medium speed of mixer. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. Place cake on serving plate. Sift powdered sugar on top and sides of cake. Serve with blueberries, strawberries and whipped cream , if desired. 12 to 16 servings.
- * To sour milk: Use 1 tablespoon white vinegar plus milk to equal 1 cup
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Get Fit With Good Food!
The Social CookbookSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More