- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or stick margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease bottom and sides of rectangular pan, 13 X 9 X 2 inches, 2 round pans 9 X 1 1/2 inches, or 3 round pans, 8 X 1 1/2 inches with shortening and lightly flour.*
- Beat all ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly.
- Beat on high speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally; pour into pan(s).
- Bake rectangle 35 to 40 minutes, 9-inch rounds 25 to 30 minutes, 8-inch rounds 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center.
- Cool rectangle in pan on wire rack; cool rounds 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire rack.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Frost as desired.
NotesThis cake recipe comes from 'Betty Crocker's Cookbook: Everything You Need To Know To Cook Today'. *I baked this cake using the rectangular pan, and used non-stick spray for baking.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More