- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or stick margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease bottom and sides of rectangular pan, 13 X 9 X 2 inches, 2 round pans 9 X 1 1/2 inches, or 3 round pans, 8 X 1 1/2 inches with shortening and lightly flour.*
- Beat all ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly.
- Beat on high speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally; pour into pan(s).
- Bake rectangle 35 to 40 minutes, 9-inch rounds 25 to 30 minutes, 8-inch rounds 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center.
- Cool rectangle in pan on wire rack; cool rounds 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire rack.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Frost as desired.
NotesThis cake recipe comes from 'Betty Crocker's Cookbook: Everything You Need To Know To Cook Today'. *I baked this cake using the rectangular pan, and used non-stick spray for baking.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Georgene's Decadent Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie
Charles' Birthday Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Rum Raisin Pudding My WaySee More