- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThank you Star (starshineeliz) for a yummy recipe that is fast and easy to make! It was the perfect recipe for me to make for the Fall Contest for several reasons! For one, my DD loves quesadillas and so does the rest of my family but they are one of Hannah's favorites and two, the colors in this recipe are so fall-ish and three, with football parties coming up, they make the perfect appetizer but in our case we had these as our main meal which were very filling and delicious! Either way, main meal or appetizer, you will love them!
Star mentioned that you could add chicken or whatever type meat you like to these and that is exactly what I did! I made 1/2 with steak and 1/2 with bacon! I bought the pouch of soft bacon bits and a package of seasoned steak strips that I only had to microwave so no extra time was involved in making these! I do think next time that DH grills us some ribeyes, I will make some ribeye quesadillas! Yummy!
- 1 tablespoon butter, for each tortilla
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 3 cups Monterey Jack Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 ounces soft bacon bits
- 6 ounces seasoned steak strips
- Sour Cream, Salsa or Taco Sauce, for topping if desired
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in a nonstick skillet. Lay one tortilla in the skillet and sprinkle with shredded cheese, meat and more cheese. Top with another tortilla. Fry until browned and then carefully flip and fry the other side. Drain on paper towel and repeat with remaining tortillas, adding butter to skillet for each one.
- Transfer to plate and cut into wedges to serve.
- Top with sour cream and either salsa or taco sauce if desired.
- More Bacon Recipes you may enjoy!