- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 beef top round steak, 1 inch thick (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 8-ounce bottle medium-hot chunky salsa
- 1 tablespoon light corn-oil spread
- 1 medium-size red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium-size green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium-size red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 10-ounce package low-fat flour tortillas (8 6- to 7-inch tortillas), warmed according to package directions
- 1 8-ounce container fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 16-ounce package shredded fat-free sharp Cheddar cheese
- red and green chili peppers, lime wedges, and cilantro sprigs for garnish
- Preheat broiler. Place steak on rack in broiling pan; spread steak with 1/4 cup salsa. Place pan in broiler at closest to heat; broil steak 8 minutes. Turn steak over and spread with 1/4 cup salsa; broil 8 minutes longer for medium-rare or longer for more well done meat.
- Meanwhile, in nonstick 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, melt corn-oil spread. Cook red onion, green pepper, and red pepper until vegetables are tender-crisp. Stir in chopped cilantro. Spoon mixture into serving bowl.
- To serve, place steak on cutting board; with knife held almost parallel to cutting surface, thinly slice steak. Serve sliced steak with pepper mixture, flour tortillas, sour cream, shredded cheese, and remaining salsa. Garnish with chile peppers, lime wedges, and cilantro.
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Zesty Taco Stew with Cheddar-Stuffed Cornbread Dumplings
Fried OystersSee More