- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb of good quality round steak or sirloin steak (calculate about 1/3 to 1/4 pound per person)
- 1 cup flour (or more)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (Lite is good, I find regular soy sauce to be too salty)
- fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- Cut up Round Steak or Sirloin Steak into finger-sized pieces (about 1" or so in diameter, but no thinner or the meat will cook too fast), about 1/3 to 1/4 pound per person.
- (To make slicing easier, place the meat in the freezer for about 30 minutes before slicing.).
- Dip the Steak Fingers into the Soy Sauce, then dredge in the flour. (You can use a plastic bag for the flour-dipping part.).
- Repeat Step 3, then place all the meat on a plate or platter.
- When you get a plateful of breaded Steak Fingers prepared, quickly place them into a frying pan of heated vegetable oil one at a time. They should really sizzle as soon as you drop them into the oil. As soon as the entire plateful of meat is in the oil, begin turning the pieces. As soon as you have finished turning all the pieces, begin taking them out to drain on a paper towel covered plate. Sprinkle with cracked pepper and serve over hot rice with a salad.
- NOTE: The entire frying process should only take a few minutes. DO NOT LEAVE THE STOVE OR THEY WILL OVERCOOK. The meat may turn out tough if it is cooked well done.
- P.S. These steak fingers heat well the next day for lunch, just so long as they are not cooked well done to begin with.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More