- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package small steaks (sometimes labeled chicken steaks)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Italian seasoning
- dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 2 – 14 oz cans Delmonte Tomato Sauce or 1-28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ can petite peas
- Add garlic, Italian seasoning and basil to oil on medium low heat. Add the steaks and brown on both sides.
- Add tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes. Let simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove steaks from pan and cut into bite sized pieces, removing vein.
- Return steak pieces to sauce and add peas. Let peas heat through.
- Serve over no yolk egg noodles or pasta.
NotesMy mom made this all the time when we were kids. The meat becomes very tender, you won't even need a knife.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More