- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package small steaks (sometimes labeled chicken steaks)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Italian seasoning
- dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 2 – 14 oz cans Delmonte Tomato Sauce or 1-28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ can petite peas
- Add garlic, Italian seasoning and basil to oil on medium low heat. Add the steaks and brown on both sides.
- Add tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes. Let simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove steaks from pan and cut into bite sized pieces, removing vein.
- Return steak pieces to sauce and add peas. Let peas heat through.
- Serve over no yolk egg noodles or pasta.
NotesMy mom made this all the time when we were kids. The meat becomes very tender, you won't even need a knife.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Arugula and Corn Salad With Roasted Red Peppers and White Bean
Stuffed Zucchini with Turkey Sausage RecipeSee More