- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package small steaks (sometimes labeled chicken steaks)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Italian seasoning
- dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 2 – 14 oz cans Delmonte Tomato Sauce or 1-28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ can petite peas
- Add garlic, Italian seasoning and basil to oil on medium low heat. Add the steaks and brown on both sides.
- Add tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes. Let simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove steaks from pan and cut into bite sized pieces, removing vein.
- Return steak pieces to sauce and add peas. Let peas heat through.
- Serve over no yolk egg noodles or pasta.
NotesMy mom made this all the time when we were kids. The meat becomes very tender, you won't even need a knife.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More