- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lb chuck steak, trimmed into 1" pieces
- 12 oz mushrooms
- 1 pint Guiness
- 4 TBSP drippings from above steak
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 TBSP self-rising flour, liberally seasoned (I always need more)
- 3/4 pint beef stock
- 1 Bay leaf
- 4 sprigs thyme
- Place steak and mushrooms in bowl with guiness and herbs. Cover and let sit for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Drain meat, reserve the marinade.
- Toss meat in seasoned flour.
- Cook onions in a heavy pan. remove
- Cook floured meat, on stovetop, in batches until brown on all sides
- Return onions and all of meat and any remaining flour to pan.
- Stir thoroughly, then add marinade, herbs and stock.
- Bring to simmer, stirring as sauce thickens, then cover pan and cook for 1 1/2 hours.
- Transfer to baking dish. I usually make individual pies.
- You can either top the pies with crust or do a prebaked bottom shell and a top shell. Use standard pie crust.
- Bake 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until crust is golden.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More