- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lb chuck steak, trimmed into 1" pieces
- 12 oz mushrooms
- 1 pint Guiness
- 4 TBSP drippings from above steak
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 TBSP self-rising flour, liberally seasoned (I always need more)
- 3/4 pint beef stock
- 1 Bay leaf
- 4 sprigs thyme
- Place steak and mushrooms in bowl with guiness and herbs. Cover and let sit for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Drain meat, reserve the marinade.
- Toss meat in seasoned flour.
- Cook onions in a heavy pan. remove
- Cook floured meat, on stovetop, in batches until brown on all sides
- Return onions and all of meat and any remaining flour to pan.
- Stir thoroughly, then add marinade, herbs and stock.
- Bring to simmer, stirring as sauce thickens, then cover pan and cook for 1 1/2 hours.
- Transfer to baking dish. I usually make individual pies.
- You can either top the pies with crust or do a prebaked bottom shell and a top shell. Use standard pie crust.
- Bake 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until crust is golden.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More