- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 4 (8-ounce) New York strip sirloin steaks
- Steak seasoning
- 8 ounces clarified butter
- 12 raw shrimp, skewered (3 on each skewer)
- 16 ounces raw French fries
- 4 lemon wedges, for garnish
- Preheat a grill to high. Alternatively, preheat a broiler to high. Season the steaks liberally with the steak seasoning on both sides. Cook the steaks over high heat to order: about 2 minutes on each side for rare, 2 1/2 minutes on each side for medium-rare, 3 1/2 minutes on each side for medium, and 4 1/2 minutes on each side for medium well. Halfway through the cooking time on each side, turn each steak 45 degrees to make grill marks.
- Add half the clarified butter to a large skillet and heat over high heat. Add the shrimp skewers and cook the shrimp on both sides until they are opaque throughout, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Fill a deep fryer with oil and heat it to 350 degrees F. Alternatively, heat oil in a large, heavy Dutch oven to 350 degrees F; do not fill pan more than halfway full with oil. Drop the fries into the fryer and cook until they are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain and season the fries with salt.
- To serve, place 1 steak on a plate, top the steak with skewered shrimp, and add some French fries. Garnish with a lemon wedge and serve with a small dish of clarified butter on the side. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
NotesLove making this for my family..