- Cooking Time: 20mins
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time: 15mins
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound London broil steak
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup jarred sliced pickled jalapenos
- 1 cup crushed canned tomatoes
- 1 (11-ounce bag) bag baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 cups tortilla chips, crumbled
- 1)Preheat a grill to medium-high.
- 2)In a small bowl, combine cumin, garlic powder, thyme, salt, and pepper. Rub the spice blend over all of the steak pieces along with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- 3)Let rest at room temperature, about 15 minutes
- 4)Meanwhile, in a large pot, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and heat over medium heat.
- 5)Add the onions and saute until tender, about 4 minutes
- 6)Stir in the mushrooms and garlic and saute until mushrooms are tender, adding extra oil if needed
- 7)Pour in the broth,jalapenos and crushed tomatoes. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer while beef cooks.
- 8)On a hot grill sear steak until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side
- 9)Remove from grill to a cutting board and let rest 10minutes
- 10)Cut beef into strips and stir into soup, along with spinach, season soup, to taste
- 11)Transfer to serving bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream and tortilla chips
NotesThis soup is super hearty
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More