- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1lb boneless beef top sirloin cut 3/4" thick
- 1/4 to 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons of cooking oil (I always use extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 large red onion thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 7 1/2oz can of tomatoes, cut up
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cut steak into 4 equal portions rub both sides with pepper.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- Add steaks and cook about 13 minutes flipping 1/2 way through (or cook to your liking) remove steaks from skillet reserve drippings in skillet.
- Keep steaks warm.
- In the same skillet cook onion in drippings over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Carefully add tomatoes, wine, sage, and salt. Bring to boiling.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until most the liquid is evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, arrange steak on plates. Spoon onion mixture on top.
NotesThis will actually work with white wine too, I did that once on accident (don't ask).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More