- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 1/2 tsp EVOO, divided
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 c sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups taco cheese, or whatever blend is in the fridge
- 8 bacon strips, partially cooked
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a bowl, combine the mustard, honey, 1 1/2 tsp oil and lemon juice.
- Pour 1/2 cup into a large rsealable plastic bag, add the checken.
- Seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for two hours.
- Cover and refrigerate the remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in remaining oil on all sides.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7 baking dish.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender.
- Spoon reserved marinade over chicken.
- Top with cheeses and mushrooms.
- Place bacon strips in a crisscross pattern over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reades 160.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
MetroCooking DC 2013
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More