- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 1/2 tsp EVOO, divided
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 c sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups taco cheese, or whatever blend is in the fridge
- 8 bacon strips, partially cooked
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a bowl, combine the mustard, honey, 1 1/2 tsp oil and lemon juice.
- Pour 1/2 cup into a large rsealable plastic bag, add the checken.
- Seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for two hours.
- Cover and refrigerate the remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in remaining oil on all sides.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7 baking dish.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender.
- Spoon reserved marinade over chicken.
- Top with cheeses and mushrooms.
- Place bacon strips in a crisscross pattern over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reades 160.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Cooking with Sabra
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More