- Cooking Time: 3 to 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 small white onion,chopped
- 4-6 parsley stems
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 bottle dry white wine
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes(optional)
- Melted unsalted butter*
- Thick slices of French Bread
- One hour before serving, scrub clams and rinse with water until free of sand (adding a little coarse kosher salt to the water will help to remove the sand from the clams).
- In a large kettle or steamer, melt butter; saute onion and garlic until soft.
- Add white wine and pepper flakes and bring to a slow boil.
- Add clams and cover pot with a tight-fitting lid and steam over low heat just until clams open, about 3-6 minutes.
- Over cooked clams will become rubbery.
- Discard any clams that does not open.
- Strain the clams through cheesecloth to remove any sand.
- Transfer clams onto a plate and serve.
NotesI know this is the steamed clam recipe, but if you never had freshly baked french bagette dipped in clam juice, you are in for a treat! Make sure you strain the clam juice with cheesecloth to remove sand before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Adventures in Cooking
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More