- Cooking Time: 3 to 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 small white onion,chopped
- 4-6 parsley stems
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 bottle dry white wine
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes(optional)
- Melted unsalted butter*
- Thick slices of French Bread
- One hour before serving, scrub clams and rinse with water until free of sand (adding a little coarse kosher salt to the water will help to remove the sand from the clams).
- In a large kettle or steamer, melt butter; saute onion and garlic until soft.
- Add white wine and pepper flakes and bring to a slow boil.
- Add clams and cover pot with a tight-fitting lid and steam over low heat just until clams open, about 3-6 minutes.
- Over cooked clams will become rubbery.
- Discard any clams that does not open.
- Strain the clams through cheesecloth to remove any sand.
- Transfer clams onto a plate and serve.
NotesI know this is the steamed clam recipe, but if you never had freshly baked french bagette dipped in clam juice, you are in for a treat! Make sure you strain the clam juice with cheesecloth to remove sand before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More