- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2-3
- Preparation Time:
- 1 fillet of Cod (a little over a lb)
- 2 scallions
- 2 inches ginger
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup garlic hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 6 oz fresh spinach
- white rice
- salt, pepper
- Cook rice according to rice cooker directions.
- Cut fillet into 4 portions.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut 1 scallion into matchsticks, and chop the second into a fine dice.
- Also slice about 1 inch of ginger into matchsticks, and grate the other inch with a microplane.
- Add fish to steamer basket and sprinkle with the matchstick ginger and scallion.
- Place on top of rice and steam for about 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile add soy sauce, hoisin, vinegar, honey, scallions and chili flakes into small saucepan and heat on low until fish is cooked.
- Add spinach to saucepan and wilt for about the last minute.
NotesThis was a dish I had over the weekend at a local restaurant called Mitchell's Fish Market. The dish was so good that I knew I had to have it again soon!! I think my recipe comes very close to the real thing. At the restaurant I had Sea Bass, but they didn't have that at my grocery store so I bought cod. This dish came together very quickly and is very good for the waistline!!! I used my rice cooker to make the rice, and I used the steamer attachment to cook the fish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More