- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2-3 lbs. mussels, cleaned and beards removed
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 lemongrass stalks, finely chopped
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves
- 2 red chilis, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. lime juce
- 2 green onions for garnish, chopped
- Cilantro for garnish
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- 1. Place all ingredients, except for green onions into a large saucepan and stir thoroughly.
- 2. Cover the saucepan and steam for 5-7 minutes. Shake or stir the saucepan occasionally, until the mussels open.
- 3. Discard any mussels that does not open.
- 4. Tranfer the opened mussels to a plate.
- 5. Garnish the mussels with green onions and cilantro leaves and/or lemon wedges.
- Serve immediately.
NotesThis is another easy seafood dish to prepare. The lemongrass in this recipe adds a refreshing flavor to the mussels.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More