Steamed Mussels with Thai Herbs
2-3 lbs. mussels, cleaned and beards removed
4 shallots, finely chopped
2 lemongrass stalks, finely chopped
4 Kaffir lime leaves
2 red chilis, chopped
1 tbsp. fish sauce
2 tbsp. lime juce
2 green onions for garnish, chopped
Cilantro for garnish
Lemon wedges for garnish
1. Place all ingredients, except for green onions into a large saucepan and stir thoroughly.
2. Cover the saucepan and steam for 5-7 minutes. Shake or stir the saucepan occasionally, until the mussels open.
3. Discard any mussels that does not open.
4. Tranfer the opened mussels to a plate.
5. Garnish the mussels with green onions and cilantro leaves and/or lemon wedges.
Pairs Well With
This is another easy seafood dish to prepare. The lemongrass in this recipe adds a refreshing flavor to the mussels.