- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Asian pears
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 dried Chinese dates, softened in cold water, slitted, and the pits removed
- lemon juice to brush on the pears to prevent discoloration
- Wash the pears and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut the top off the pears and set aside (these will become the lid).
- Remove the core.
- If desired, cut off a small slice at the bottom so that the pear will stand straight during steaming. (
- Note: Depending on the type of steaming equipment you are using, you may find it difficult to stand the pears upright and cover for steaming. In that case, slice the pears lengthwise, core, and spoon the honey and place the date in the hollow in the middle.)
- Spoon 2 teaspoons honey into each pear.
- Add 1 Chinese date.
- Place the top back on the pear.
- Brush the lemon juice over the skin of the pear if using.
- Set up a steamer, or place a rack for steaming inside a deep pot.
- Place the pears on a plate and steam, covered, for 30 minutes, or until the pears are tender. Serve warm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More