- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4-6 oz of Tilapia fillet
- Juice from 2 lime wedges
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ½ cup gingerroot, julienne stripes
- 4 stalk of green scallion, cut into 2 inch long strips
- 1 cup white onion, sliced
- salt & pepper to season the fillets
- ¼ to ½ tsp. dried hot red pepper flakes(optional
- In a shallow dish, arrange fish fillets evenly and seasoned the fillets with salt & pepper. Place ginger, scallions and onions evenly on top of the fillets. Pour soy sauce and orange juice over the fish, covered, refrigerate and marinate for 30 minutes.
- 2. In a steamer or baking rack in a wide deep kettle. Add water to the kettle to reach just below the steamer rack.
- 3. Place fish and the marinade in a heat prove plate, such as a glass pie plate, at least 1 inch smaller in diameter than the steamer on the rack and cover with tie lid. Bring the water to a boil, about 6 minutes or until fish just flakes. Carefully remove plate from the rack. Steam time varies depend on thickness of fillet.
- 4. Squeeze lemon or lime, more salt & pepper to taste.
- 5. Other vegetables such as asparagus or carrots can also be added to the steamer to cook along side the fish. Garnish with a lime wedge
NotesTilapia is a very common fish, you can find it almost at any grocery stores. It is a white flesh fish with a mildly sweet delicate flavor. There are many varieties of Tilapia, but my family's favorite is the Red Tilapia. This steamed ginger tilapia recipe is a very light and low calorie dish that I love to cook during the hot summer California months. This recipe says it serves 4, but in my family it’ll only serve about 2, as the tilapia fillets to tend to shrink quiet a bit after cooking. You can also substitute other mild white flesh fish such as halibut, trout, sole, or cod for this recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
The Italian Exchange
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Raw Carrot Beet Ginger Salad
Honeydew Lime Soup
Deviled PotatoesSee More