- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time:
- 1-2 lbs. beef spareribs
- 1 medium carrot sliced
- Handful of dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked in water
- 1 green onion chopped in 1 inch slices
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 potatoes (optional)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 tbsp of garlic
- 4 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp of hondashi
- Cut off fat on beef spareribs and make knife cuts on the meat.
- Put meat in cold water to soak.
- Put water in pot and bring to boil.
- Add the spareribs and boil for about 20 minutes.
- Drain and put back into the pot.
- Add the sliced carrots, sliced onions, and shitake mushrooms.
- Into pot add soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, sugar, salt, and hondashi.
- Mix and cover spare ribs.
- Put top on pot and bring to boil.
- Add sugar and salt to season according to taste.
- Bring heat to low and cook from 30-45 minutes, even longer to make the meat more tender.
NotesOtherwise known as 갈비찜 "khalbi jim"
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat NecessarySee More
Apple Pie Drink
Mayo Mexican Dip
Sweet Potato BruschettaSee More