- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time:
- 1-2 lbs. beef spareribs
- 1 medium carrot sliced
- Handful of dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked in water
- 1 green onion chopped in 1 inch slices
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 potatoes (optional)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 tbsp of garlic
- 4 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp of hondashi
- Cut off fat on beef spareribs and make knife cuts on the meat.
- Put meat in cold water to soak.
- Put water in pot and bring to boil.
- Add the spareribs and boil for about 20 minutes.
- Drain and put back into the pot.
- Add the sliced carrots, sliced onions, and shitake mushrooms.
- Into pot add soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, sugar, salt, and hondashi.
- Mix and cover spare ribs.
- Put top on pot and bring to boil.
- Add sugar and salt to season according to taste.
- Bring heat to low and cook from 30-45 minutes, even longer to make the meat more tender.
NotesOtherwise known as 갈비찜 "khalbi jim"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More