- Cooking Time: 8-9
- Preparation Time:
- Dumpling Dough:
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- Filling (see recipe)
- Sift flour& salt into a bowl of mixer fitted with the dough paddle and quickly add the boiling water.
- Mix until springy, When cool enough to touch knead a few times on an oiled surface.
- If you do not have a mixer, after you have added the water to the flour/salt work the dough with the handle of a wooden spoon until it is cool enough to knead by hand. Then knead on an oiled surface until springy. Cover with a damp cloth and set aside.
- Prepare filling (see recipe)
- Roll the dough out into a long sausage and cut off pieces (Apprx 14" long& into 16 pieces).
- Roll out each piece intoa thin round.
- Place a teaspoon of the filling on each round.
- and pinch the edges together (press with a fork to decorate the edges).
- Oil your steamer and place the dumplings in it and steam over high heat for 8-9 minutes.
- Serve with a spicy chili sauce or Soy mixed with hot mustard.
NotesThis recipe can be frozen and when you wish to serve it take it frozen and steam them over very high heat. I prefer to freeze them unsteamed. These are tasty!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Babette's Test Kitchen
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More