- Cooking Time: 8-9
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe can be frozen and when you wish to serve it take it frozen and steam them over very high heat. I prefer to freeze them unsteamed. These are tasty!
- Dumpling Dough:
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- Filling (see recipe)
- Sift flour& salt into a bowl of mixer fitted with the dough paddle and quickly add the boiling water.
- Mix until springy, When cool enough to touch knead a few times on an oiled surface.
- If you do not have a mixer, after you have added the water to the flour/salt work the dough with the handle of a wooden spoon until it is cool enough to knead by hand. Then knead on an oiled surface until springy. Cover with a damp cloth and set aside.
- Prepare filling (see recipe)
- Roll the dough out into a long sausage and cut off pieces (Apprx 14" long& into 16 pieces).
- Roll out each piece intoa thin round.
- Place a teaspoon of the filling on each round.
- and pinch the edges together (press with a fork to decorate the edges).
- Oil your steamer and place the dumplings in it and steam over high heat for 8-9 minutes.
- Serve with a spicy chili sauce or Soy mixed with hot mustard.