- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 pounds large shrimp
- 3 tablespoons Old Bay or other seafood seasoning
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 8 cups water
- a splash of beer never hurt anyone, either
- Combine water and vinegar.
- Bring water to a rolling boil.
- Add shrimp and gently stir.
- If you have a few fresh herbs on hand, they can be tossed into the water with the shrimp.
- Bring the water back up to a boil.
- When the water starts to boil again, turn off the heat, and drain the shrimp.
- Put shrimp in large bowl, and toss with the seafood seasoning.
- I like to serve hot with cocktail sauce lemon wedges.
- A garnish of thyme or rosemary finishes it off.
NotesThis is the easiest, and most fool-proof way to steam shrimp. It was told to my mother by a local seafood-monger over 20 years ago, and we haven't had a bad shrimp yet!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More