- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 pounds large shrimp
- 3 tablespoons Old Bay or other seafood seasoning
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 8 cups water
- a splash of beer never hurt anyone, either
- Combine water and vinegar.
- Bring water to a rolling boil.
- Add shrimp and gently stir.
- If you have a few fresh herbs on hand, they can be tossed into the water with the shrimp.
- Bring the water back up to a boil.
- When the water starts to boil again, turn off the heat, and drain the shrimp.
- Put shrimp in large bowl, and toss with the seafood seasoning.
- I like to serve hot with cocktail sauce lemon wedges.
- A garnish of thyme or rosemary finishes it off.
NotesThis is the easiest, and most fool-proof way to steam shrimp. It was told to my mother by a local seafood-monger over 20 years ago, and we haven't had a bad shrimp yet!
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
MetroCooking Texas 2013
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More