- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Dredge;Steak in 1/4 cup vegetable oil:
- 2 top round steaks,trimmed,tenderized. Cut into 8 pieces,and seasoned with salt and pepper ( 2 lb.total )
- ( you could use any kind of steak )
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- Stir in;Deglaze with:
- 1 cup onion,diced
- 1/2 carrot,diced
- 1/2 cup celery,diced
- 2 t.garlic,minced
- 2 T. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1-1/2 cups frozen pearl onions
- 1 can diced tomatoes with juice ( 28 oz. )
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 t. paprika
- Preheat oven to 325
- Dredge steak in flour,then sear in 1/4 cup oil,in batches,in a Dutch oven or large pot over high heat until browned,2 minutes per side.Remove steak from pot;add 2 T. oil and reduce heat to medium-high.
- Stir in onion,carrot,celery,and garlic;saute 2 minutes.Add tomato paste and cook 1 minute.Deglaze with brandy and simmer until nearly evaporated.
- Add pearl onions,tomatoes.broth,Worcestershire.paprika.Return seared steak to the pot and submerge in the liquids.
- Cover,transfer pot to the oven,and braise until tender,about 1 hour.
- Makes 8 steaks and 6-1/2 cups sauce;Total time: about 1-1/2 hours.
NotesThis is a recipe from Cuisine at home cookbook
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More