- Cooking Time: 25
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups of sliced fresh picked strawberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 Tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 Tablespoons of sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In 2 quart saucepan, mix 1/2 cup sugar, the cornstarch and cinnamon. Stir in strawberries and lemon juice. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir one minute. Pour into ungreased 2 quart casserole; keep strawberry mixture hot in casserole dish.
- In a seperate bowl, mix flour, 1 Tablespoon sugar, the baking powder and salt. Cut in the butter, until mixture is crumby. Stir in milk. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto strawberry mixture. Sprinkle 2 Tablespoons sugar over dough.
- Bake 25 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More