- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stems removed and leaves cut crosswise into 1-inch strips
- 1 19-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan (about 4 ounces)
- 1 baguette, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1. Heat oven to 400° F. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery, and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 2. Add the tomatoes and their liquid, ½ cup water, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil. Add the Swiss chard and simmer, stirring, just until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the beans and 1 cup of the Parmesan. Transfer to an 8-by-11-inch baking dish or a shallow 2-quart casserole.
- 3. Cut the baguette in half crosswise, then lengthwise, into ¼-inch-thick slices. Brush one side of each slice with the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil. Arrange the slices, oiled-side up, over the casserole, overlapping them slightly. Sprinkle with the thyme and the remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan. Bake until the bread is golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
NotesFood for Pregnant Taylor
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More