- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 2 Dozen
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 1 tea Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tea Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup White Sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheet or use parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- Using a large bowl, beat peanut butter, vanilla, brown sugar, and butter until smooth. Beat in egg.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating to combine.
- Roll dough into small balls, coating each with white sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet. Press each cookie gently with a fork, flatten to desired thickness.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to wire rack.
NotesA recipe I enjoy making over and over and over and over. I prefer the cookie to be thicker, moist but still crunchy. There are so many variations to Peanut Butter cookies! You can add Oats, Raisins, Crunchy or Smooth Peanut Butter, Chocolate candies on top...Have a glass of milk with these ones ;)
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wife
CustomFit Clean & TastySee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More