- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 whole roasting chicken -- about 3.5 pounds
- 1 cup chopped onion
Combine all spices in small bowl. Rinse chicken inside and out, and drain well. Rub spice mixture over skin and the inside of the
chicken. Place in resealable plastic bag, seal and refrigerate over night. When ready to roast, stuff cavity with onions.
Place chicken, breast side down, in roasting pan. Roast uncovered at 250 degrees for about 5 hours(that's not a typo..it's really 250
anything over 225 is safe as long as the chicken reaches 155 which it does and more)
Baste occasionally with pan juices or until
pan juices start to caramelize on bottom of pan and chicken is golden brown.