- Cooking Time: 40-60
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 60-70
- 3 lb. chicken (wings or white fryer cut up)
- garlic salt (or Lowry's Seasoning)
- 1-2 eggs, beaten well
- 2 cups cornstartch
- Grease (for frying the chicken)
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c vinegar
- 1/4 c water
- 4 T Ketchup
- 1 T Soy Sauce (Kikkoman)
- 1 T HOT Sauce
- Sprinkle/Rub chicken with garlic salt/Lowry's
- Leave for 1/2 to 1 hour (optional)
- Roll chicken in egg, beaten well, then roll in cornstartch until completely covered
- Fry in hot fat and drain
- (tip: When Frying Chicken; NEVER FLIP or TURN the Chicken until the crust looks 'perfect' .. when the crust looks like it is 'done' then flip/turn to continue frying the chicken)
- Place chicken close together in 9x13 pan (line pan with foil for easier cleanup)
- Pour sauce over chicken. Then with a spoon continue to poor/drizzle the extra sauce over the chicken. Try to make sure every piece has been covered with sauce.
- Bake @ 350 for 40-50 minutes, turning over once during cooking.
- (Baste Every 10 Minutes)
- *** I was worried that Frying the Chicken, and then Baking it for an hour would Dry out my Chicken; but I didn't Fry my chicken "completely" ... I made sure the crust looked 'perfect' on all sides. But I knew that the chicken was probably pink inside. Then moved it over to the 9x13 ... I made sure the chicken was touching each other to prevent any 'dryness' ... And I basted every 10 minutes! That is the most important step; in my opinion.
- *** You can move the chicken to a crockpot, and keep on Warm/Low for 3 - 4 hours! It will be a Favorite, I promise!
NotesAs a kid my mom would make this for our "family picnics" .. I have children of my own now, and have asked for this recipe for over 10 years! She couldn't find it! I had searched the web, but there isn't a Recipe Like Hers! It was just never the 'same' ... well, she finally found it for me! I made this chicken yesterday, and served it HOT. It was wonderful! And the leftover 'cold chicken' is just as I remembered! Thanks Mom!!! I Love Your Sticky Chicken, and now my kids can too!
Taste of CenturyLink
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More