- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups/300 grams sticky (glutenous) rice aka ketan*
- 3 cups/450 grams water
- 1 cup/150 grams coconut milk
- ½ cup/100 grams palm sugar* or light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted, halved, then sliced
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk
- * These products are available at your local Asian food market.
- Soak the rice in cold water to cover for 7 to 8 hours.
- Cook rice over high heat until water boils; turn to low and cook until the rice looks dry and fluffy.
- Meanwhile combine sugar, 1 cup coconut milk, and salt in a bowl, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- When the rice is cooked, pour the coconut milk mixture over it. Mix well and let the sticky rice stand for 20 minutes. Cook 4 tablespoons of coconut milk over low heat for 10 minutes, set aside.
- Spoon the sticky rice on a dessert plate.
- Angle the mango slices around the sticky rice.
- Top with warm coconut milk.
- Selamat makan! Smaaklijk eten!
NotesSticky rice with mangoes is one of those perfect desserts for a warm summer evening. The recipe we found in our "A Touch of Thailand" cookbook.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More