- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups/300 grams sticky (glutenous) rice aka ketan*
- 3 cups/450 grams water
- 1 cup/150 grams coconut milk
- ½ cup/100 grams palm sugar* or light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted, halved, then sliced
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk
- * These products are available at your local Asian food market.
- Soak the rice in cold water to cover for 7 to 8 hours.
- Cook rice over high heat until water boils; turn to low and cook until the rice looks dry and fluffy.
- Meanwhile combine sugar, 1 cup coconut milk, and salt in a bowl, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- When the rice is cooked, pour the coconut milk mixture over it. Mix well and let the sticky rice stand for 20 minutes. Cook 4 tablespoons of coconut milk over low heat for 10 minutes, set aside.
- Spoon the sticky rice on a dessert plate.
- Angle the mango slices around the sticky rice.
- Top with warm coconut milk.
- Selamat makan! Smaaklijk eten!
NotesSticky rice with mangoes is one of those perfect desserts for a warm summer evening. The recipe we found in our "A Touch of Thailand" cookbook.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More