- Cooking Time: 135
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 600 kg beef sirloin, cubed
- 50 ml olive oil
- 600 kg baby onions, peeled and whole
- 100 ml red wine vinegar
- 200 ml dry red wine
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp whole peppercorns
- 150 ml beef stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 bay leaves
- Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté beef until brown on both sides.
- Remove meat and drain well on absorbent paper.
- Place onions in saucepan and sauté till golden brown.
- Remove and drain well on absorbent paper.
- Arrange beef in a heavy based saucepan with cooked onions.
- Add wine, vinegar, spices, salt and beef stock.
- Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 60 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Chef’s tip: For a rich and satisfying meal, server with steamed buttered rice.
NotesLouis Hotels Celebrate the 70 Years Young! I share with you 1 of the 70 Most Popular Recipes selected by our guests!
Mom's Cooking Secrets
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Delicious Bahamian RecipesSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More