- Cooking Time: 135
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 600 kg beef sirloin, cubed
- 50 ml olive oil
- 600 kg baby onions, peeled and whole
- 100 ml red wine vinegar
- 200 ml dry red wine
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp whole peppercorns
- 150 ml beef stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 bay leaves
- Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté beef until brown on both sides.
- Remove meat and drain well on absorbent paper.
- Place onions in saucepan and sauté till golden brown.
- Remove and drain well on absorbent paper.
- Arrange beef in a heavy based saucepan with cooked onions.
- Add wine, vinegar, spices, salt and beef stock.
- Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 60 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Chef’s tip: For a rich and satisfying meal, server with steamed buttered rice.
NotesLouis Hotels Celebrate the 70 Years Young! I share with you 1 of the 70 Most Popular Recipes selected by our guests!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More