- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice plus 1 teaspoon grated zest from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil plus 1 more teaspoon
- 1 large red bell pepper (about 8 ounces), cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch strips
- 9 ounces broccoli , cut into even 1-inch florets (about 4 cups)
- 2 medium cloves garlic , minced or pressed through garlic press (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1/4-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- Mix fish sauce, lime juice and zest, sugar, and red pepper in small bowl until sugar is dissolved. Add coconut milk, water and peanut butter, and whisk until smooth; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat until shimmering, 2 to 3 minutes. Add red pepper and broccoli; cook, stirring every 10 to 15 seconds, until just barely tender, about 2 minutes. Push vegetables to sides of skillet, clearing center of pan. Add remaining teaspoon oil, garlic, and ginger to center of pan and mash with back of spoon; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds, then stir mixture into vegetables. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in sauce mixture. Simmer to heat through and blend flavors, about 1 minute; serve immediately.