- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 oz. dried wide (pad thai) rice noodles
- 2 TBSP fish sauce
- 2 TBSP granulated sugar
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 TSP soy sauce
- 1 TSP hoisin sauce
- 1 TSP chile-garlic sauce (such as Lee Kum Kee brand)
- 1 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1 TSP minced garlic
- 6 oz medium shrimp (51 to 60 per pound), peeled & deveined (to yield 1 cup)
- 1 4 oz. can fire-roasted whole green chiles (such as Ortega branch), drained and sliced into long, very thin slices (to yield ½ cup)
- 1 ½ cups bean sprouts
- 2 TBSP crushed unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 10 mint leaves, torn into small pieces
- 1 lime, cut into wedges for serving
- Submerge the rice noodles in a bowl of very warm (110º) water and soak until pliable but still rather firm, about 30 minutes. Drain in a colander.
- In a small bowl, combine the fish sauce, sugar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and chile-garlic sauce.
- Once the noodles are drained, heat the oil in a large (12-inch) skillet or stir-fry pan over high heat until very hot. Add the garlic, stir, and immediately add the shrimp. Stir-fry until the shrimp turn pink and firm, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce mixture. Stir to mix for about 20 seconds, the add the chile slivers and the noodles. Stir-fry until the noodles are tender and the liquid is absorbed, 1 to 2 minutes. If the noodles are too firm, add 1 TBSP of water and cook another minute. Add the bean sprouts and stir-fry until they're slightly limp, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter or individual plates, and garnish with the peanuts, cilantro, and mint. Serve immediately with lime wedges on the side
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Food Travels Through Italy
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More