- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 oz. dried wide (pad thai) rice noodles
- 2 TBSP fish sauce
- 2 TBSP granulated sugar
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 TSP soy sauce
- 1 TSP hoisin sauce
- 1 TSP chile-garlic sauce (such as Lee Kum Kee brand)
- 1 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1 TSP minced garlic
- 6 oz medium shrimp (51 to 60 per pound), peeled & deveined (to yield 1 cup)
- 1 4 oz. can fire-roasted whole green chiles (such as Ortega branch), drained and sliced into long, very thin slices (to yield ½ cup)
- 1 ½ cups bean sprouts
- 2 TBSP crushed unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 10 mint leaves, torn into small pieces
- 1 lime, cut into wedges for serving
- Submerge the rice noodles in a bowl of very warm (110º) water and soak until pliable but still rather firm, about 30 minutes. Drain in a colander.
- In a small bowl, combine the fish sauce, sugar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and chile-garlic sauce.
- Once the noodles are drained, heat the oil in a large (12-inch) skillet or stir-fry pan over high heat until very hot. Add the garlic, stir, and immediately add the shrimp. Stir-fry until the shrimp turn pink and firm, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce mixture. Stir to mix for about 20 seconds, the add the chile slivers and the noodles. Stir-fry until the noodles are tender and the liquid is absorbed, 1 to 2 minutes. If the noodles are too firm, add 1 TBSP of water and cook another minute. Add the bean sprouts and stir-fry until they're slightly limp, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter or individual plates, and garnish with the peanuts, cilantro, and mint. Serve immediately with lime wedges on the side
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More