- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, chpd
- 4 medium potatoes, sliced (not too thinly)
- 2 tsp salt (or less)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated cheese (Old English very good)
- Sauté onion in butter until they are light yellow and soft. Add the potatoes, salt and milk. Cover and cook slowly, approximately 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Remove cover and sprinkle with cheese. Stir in very gently. Serve at once.
- Note: If a baked appearance is desired, place potatoes in a casserole dish before topping with cheese and place under broiler until slightly browned.
- If the potatoes are too thinly sliced, they will get mushy. Fold in cheese *very* gently.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Breads and Pastry 101See More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More