- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, chpd
- 4 medium potatoes, sliced (not too thinly)
- 2 tsp salt (or less)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated cheese (Old English very good)
- Sauté onion in butter until they are light yellow and soft. Add the potatoes, salt and milk. Cover and cook slowly, approximately 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Remove cover and sprinkle with cheese. Stir in very gently. Serve at once.
- Note: If a baked appearance is desired, place potatoes in a casserole dish before topping with cheese and place under broiler until slightly browned.
- If the potatoes are too thinly sliced, they will get mushy. Fold in cheese *very* gently.
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage Holiday Hoagie
Butternut Squash Medley
coffee toffee cookiesSee More