- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, mix together 1/4 cup of the tomato soup, ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, onion, salt and pepper using your hands. Shape firmly into two loaves.
- Heat a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the meatloaves in the hot skillet, then reduce heat to medium and cover with a lid. Simmer for about 25 minutes, or until meat is cooked through.
- Spoon the fat from the skillet, and stir in the remaining soup, water, and mustard. Top with mozzarella cheese, and let simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring sauce occasionally.
NotesA simple meatloaf recipe that is cooked on the stovetop in a marvelous tomato sauce. Mozzarella cheese is melted on top as a finishing touch.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Babette's Test Kitchen
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More